The church of San Matías, shows the architectural and artistic development by its beautiful ornamentation, which has the styles of different eras and its rich collection of repository. The church belongs to the group of oldest churches in the diocese of Granada. The temple was build in 1526, on command of Carlos V. The work was concluded in 1550. It followed the typology of the style of the Mudejar church with Gothic reminiscences linked to Levantine models. The church's interior is divided into a Latin cross with five chapels on each side. Moreover, the chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary is a reference of the baroque in Granada.