Iglesia de los Hospitalicos or del Corpus Christi


The church dates from 1517, when the Brotherhood was founded to take care and charity among the soldiers. In 1525 its purpose was also the shelter and healing of injuries.

This church / hospital was well decorated. It had an enormous wealth of art belong, but almost nothing remains of it because after the confiscation in the nineteenth century, when the state stippred convents and many other properties of the church.

Despite the avartats preserved the building and some of the altarpieces. The vaults are decorated with paintings, portraits of saints and martyrs Augustinians, some are from the original convent of this Order, eight of them were painted by Bocanegra.

 It also has a bell tower and Arabic tile covers which are in good condition after having been restored.

View on the tower of Iglesia de los Hospitalicos
View on the tower

Mass hours in Winter: Weekdays: 10:00, 12:00, 20:00

Weekend and bank holidays: 10:00, 12:00, 20:00

Mass hours in summer:

Weekdays: 10:00, 12:00, 20:00

Weekend and bank holidays: 10:00, 12:00, 20:00


Photo Gallery Iglesia de los Hospitalicos or del Corpus Christi


Location