Hospital Real was a former royal hospital in Granada, near the Jardines del Triunfo. After the Taking of Granada, the Catholic Monarchs decided to undertake numerous works in the city, making it the core of Spanish Gothic architecture. The works included the Royal Chapel and the Royal Hospital. The hospital foundation had to replace the one installed in the Alhambra in 1501. In 1511 it was decided to build it on an ancient Muslim ossuary and outside the city walls. It is currently the home of the Financial Secretary of the University of Granada, and houses the Library and some of central management services. Because of this it is not open for the public.
It was declared as a Historic Artistic Monument, which currently belongs to the category of Cultural Interest (BIC).