The Royal College of San Bartolomé and Santiago de Granada is located in a noble building from 1555, originally belonging to the Great Captain and possibly built on an ancient Moorish palace.
Since its founding it has been a place of formation of notable scientists, men of the Church and politics. A valuable library with over 6,000 volumes, highlighting its rich holdings of
incunabula, and numerous books of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. The Royal College is giving during the academic year, varied and interesting lecture courses, seminars and musical
activities. The College has as its open cultural extension function, not only to the University, but also to the city of Granada.