City Wall Alcazaba Cadima


The Alcazaba Cadima (al-Qasba Qadima or Old Fortress) was the original core of the Muslim Granada, after its refoundation by Zawi ben Ziri, in 1010. The palace of the kings Ziríes was located on top of the current Albaicin neighborhood around the streets Cistern of la Gitana, Cuesta María de la Miel and Callejón de San Cecilio, extending to the Church of St. Nicholas. It contained two districts, "Harat Alcazaba" in the north, and "Rabat Almufadar" in the south. There were at least four doors, Bib Cieda (which today is known as Puerta or Arco de Pesas) Caxtar and Bib Bib Elbis in northern cloth the wall, connecting the suburb of Albaicin and Bib Albonud.

City Wall Alcazaba Cadima
City Wall Alcazaba Cadima

Photo Gallery City Wall Alcazaba Cadima


Location