The vertical cave is located at an altitude of 1170 m, on the southern flank of the mountains formed by the Cerro de la Palomera and Sierra Blanquilla (Complex Sierra Gorda). It has a desnivel of -124 m and is about 795 m long. The cave is also known by the name of Sima Enrique. The first scientific visit was performed by Abate Breuil, on the February 22, 1918, in search of rock paintings.
In 1973 during the celebration of the III Regional Camp Caving, the cave is explored almost entirely. In 1976 a joint team of G.E.G. and Archaeological Research Service of the Council, made a very precise plan of the archaeological area, collecting all the ceramic fragments located in the cavity. A plan of the cave is made by members of the SGEG in the early 80s.