Darro has been inhabited since the Lower Paleolithic, Bronze Age and the Neolithic, as evidenced by numerous archaeological sites discovered in the municipality, all of great wealth and importance.
The Arabs has named the village Harat Darro or Hadarro, however this river runs quite far away from these lands. After the Christian conquest it had the same ups and downs as the whole region. A great benefactor for the people was the Marquis of Ariza, in the eighteenth century, who donated among other things, the land on which the church was built.
Altitude: 1097 meters
Population: 1501 inhabitants (2014)
Distance to Granada: 44 km
Distance to the beach: 120 km (Motril)
Distance to Airport Malaga: 178 km
Distance to Airport Granada: 59 km
Touristic level: low - medium - high
Authentic level: low - medium - high