Aldeire has been a human settlement since prehistoric times. It was one of the places of the most violent rebellion of the Moors. From the Caliphate preserves the Castle, dating from the eleventh century, although they have also been found nazaries ceramics from the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, which emphasizes the presence of two water tanks and a semicircular tower.
Aldeire also had Arabic baths, in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries. These followed the same fate as the rest of the Cenete: they were destroyed in 1500 and subsequently rebuilt and finally banned in 1566. About 100 meters from the baths is the well Fuente del Tiro situated which supplied the baths the water. Currently it is in private ownership. Walking through the village we find the Church of Santa Maria Assunta a characteristic Moorish church. The village is crossed by two rivers; Benéjar and Benabre.
Aldeire (37°09′37″N 3°04′18″O)
Altitude: 1297 meters
Population: 644 inhabitants (2014)
Distance to Granada: 77 km
Distance to the beach: 77 km (Aldra)
Distance to Airport Malaga: 211 km
Distance to Airport Granada: 92 km
Touristic level: low - medium - high
Authentic level: low - medium - high