After the conquest of the Catholic Monarchs in 1489, the abandonment of the fort began. In the sixteenth century the building was partially destroyed and lost much of the interior rooms. Years later this was restored. In 1931 it was declared as a National Artistic Monument.
As in many of the buildings of Arabic origin, the main material that was used in the tower was adobe a kind of clay. This gives the citadel the characteristic reddish
The main tower has a square plan and consists of two parts, the upper part is smaller than the lower dimensions. Both are crowned with rectangular battlements. At the top of the tower there is a
sculpture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Address: Calles San Miguel, Puerta Alta y Muralla. Acces in calle Barradas.
Opening hours: temporarly closed
Phone: 958 66 29 95